Thursday, January 24, 2013
Bryant Jersovit Jones was found guilty of kidnapping, second degree assault and false imprisonment.
Bryant Jersovit Jones was sentenced this week to 40 years in prison on multiple charges of domestic violence. The Prince George’s County State’s Attorney’s office said Jones, 23, and the victim checked into a hotel in Anne Arundel County in June of 2009. The two, who were involved in a romantic relationship, had been fighting all day. Prosecutors said Jones proceeded to tie the victim to a chair to keep her from leaving the room, though she did try to escape when he left the room for a period of time. Jones then “chased her down and threw her into the car,” and then drove around for two and a half hours beating the victim, prosecutors said. The victim was able to crawl out of the vehicle at a Bowie Exxon station when Jones stopped to …
Thursday, January 3, 2013
The former agent could face up to 13 years in prison.
A former FBI agent that was convicted of motor vehicular manslaughter is set to be sentenced Friday. Adrian Johnson will go before a judge on Jan. 4 at 1:30 p.m. In October 2012, a jury found Johnson guilty of motor vehicular manslaughter; homicide by motor vehicle while intoxicated; and causing a life-threatening injury while impaired by alcohol, according to the Prince George's State's Attorney office. In 2011, Johnson was speeding in his car when he struck 18-year-old Lawrence Garner, Jr.'s car and killed him. Johnson faces more than 13 years in prison. Prince George’s County Circuit Court Judge Michael Pearson will preside over the sentencing.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
To face charges of telephone misuse, Neil Prescott is set to appear in court on Aug. 30.
Neil Prescott, the Crofton man who made headlines three weeks ago in what police called an "averted threat" incident, was released from the hospital Tuesday, according to online court records. Prescott, 28, was ordered to remain with his parents in Parkton—with no electronic monitoring—by a Prince George’s County Mental Health Court judge, reported The Washington Post. He faces one count of telephone misuse related to threatening calls he allegedly made. The misdemeanor charge carries a maximum penalty of three years in prison and a $500 fine. A hearing in Upper Marlboro is set for Aug. 30, according to online court records. Anne Arundel County police announced they took a man into custody during a news conference on July 23, but did not …