Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
- Verjeana M. Jacobs received her B.A. in behavioral & social sciences – criminology from the University of Maryland in 1989. She then began her career in public safety at the Prince George's County Department of Corrections.
- While working at the Department of Corrections full time, Jacobs received her Juris Doctor degree in 1996 from District of Columbia School of Law. She has been practicing law in the State of Maryland for past 10 years.
- Prior to being elected to the Board of Education, she served as a hearing examiner.
- Jacobs' hobbies include singing, reading, writing and vacationing with family and friends. She is married to David A. Jacobs, they have one daughter who resides in California.
- The chairperson's office is located at 14201 School Ln.,Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 and she can be reached at 301 952-6115.