.

UMd. Lab Building Evacuated Following Reports of Smoke

Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady said the haze was likely caused welders working on the first floor.

An engineering labs building on Stadium Drive at the University of Maryland was evacuated on Thursday around 11:50 a.m. following reports of a haze of smoke and odor in the building. 

County Fire/EMS spokesperson Mark Brady said the smoke and odor was likely caused by welders doing electrical work on the first floor of the building. Firefighters arrived on the scene and immediately evacuated the building, but re-opened it around 12:45 p.m. after determining that there was no threat to safety. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »