The mayor and council of College Park are set to meet tonight (Tuesday, Aug. 14) at 7:30 p.m. at . Below are several of the items up for discussion and/or action:
- A motion to authorize an appeal of the for the Cafritz Property.
- A motion to approve the city's comments on Prince George's County's 10-year solid waste management plan.
- A resolution to apply for a $180,000 grant from Community Legacy for a Commercial Tenant Improvement Program.
- A resolution to amend the city's Homeownership Grant Program to "allow an alternate form of security in certain circumstances."
- An ordinance and a charter resolution amending various city election procedures, including polling hours, the deadline for voter registration, and the electronic filing of campaign finance reports. (A public hearing on the matter has been scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7:10 p.m.)
- An ordinance "to provide for a special assessment against certain property" fronting on the city's Rhode Island Avenue (Old Town) road improvements.
- The renewal of the city's memorandum of understanding with the University of Maryland regarding Shuttle-UM ridership.
- Appointments to boards and committees, plus several additional consent agenda items.