The mayor and council of College Park are set to hold a regular meeting tonight (Tuesday, Oct. 9) at 7:30 p.m. at city hall. The session will be preceded by a public hearing at 7:15 p.m. on proposed changes to the city's animal control laws.
Below, find a rundown of tonight's agenda.
PUBLIC HEARING, 7:15 P.M.
12-0-09: An ordinance of the mayor and council of the City of College Park, Maryland, amending Chapter 102, "Dogs and Other Animals", §1 02-1, "Definitions", §102-2, "Notification of Violation", and §102-5, "Complaints" and deleting §102-9 "Vicious Animals That Are Not Impounded" and §102-13 "Animal Control Board" to discontinue the Animal Control Board.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEETING, 7:30 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Councilmember Kabir
- Minutes: Regular meeting of September 25, 2012
- Acknowledgement of Dignitaries
- Acknowledgement of Newly Appointed Board and Committee Members
- Proclamations: Nonprofit Awareness Month
- Amendments to the Agenda
- City Manager's Report: Acting City Manager Steve Groh
- Student Liason's Report: Josh Ratner
- Comments from the Audience on Non-Agenda Items
- Presentation: Revised Architecture from the Developer of the Maryland Book Exchange Project
- 12-G-106: Approval of a letter to the Prince George's County Council's Planning, Zoning, and Economic Development Committee (PZED) in opposition to the current form of County Bill 79 (An Ordinance concerning Transit-Oriented Commercial Development for the purpose of amending the development approval requirements to enhance opportunities for commercial development in close proximity to transit stations in Prince George's County) and County Bill 80 (An Act concerning Subdivisions—Transportation Adequacy- Transit-Oriented Commercial Development for the purpose of authorizing the Planning Board to make a finding of transportation adequacy for development proposals within a one-half mile radius of a transit station located entirely within certain commercial, industrial, Mixed Use or Comprehensive Design Zones, or in combination thereof).
- 12-G-107: Approval of a letter to the Prince George's County Council's Planning, Zoning, and Economic Development Committee (PZED) in support of County Bill 75: An Ordinance concerning the Mixed-Use Town Center (M-UTC) Zone for the purpose of requiring detailed site approval for certain development projects in the Mixed Use Town Center (M-U-TC) Zone.
- 12-R-20: Resolution of the Mayor and Council of the City of College Park, Maryland Establishing Guidelines For Waiver Of City Fees For Use Of Recreation Facilities
- 12-G-108: Approval of the Recognition Agreement between the University of Maryland and the City of College Park regarding access for THC UDR Domain College Park, LLC, Development to/from Mowatt Lane in substantially the form as attached, and Authorization for the City Manager to sign the Agreement, and Acceptance of the Recognition Agreement as Satisfaction of Condition 19 of the Declaration of Covenants, as Amended.
- 12-R-19: Resolution Of The Mayor And Council Of The City Of College Park, Maryland Adopting The Recommendation Of The Advisory Planning Commission And Granting Departure Application Number CPD-2012-01, 4611 College Avenue, Alpha Tau Omega House Corporation, For A Departure Of 7 Parking Spaces From The Required 20 Spaces
- 12-G-110: Award of contract to D&F Construction, Inc. of Forestville, MD in an amount not-to-exceed $479,202.00 for CP-12-03, College Park Trolley Trail Phase IV Construction (Calvert Road to Paint Branch Parkway) subject to SHA approval.
- 12-0-09: An Ordinance Of The Mayor And Council Of The City Of College Park, Maryland, Amending Chapter 102, "Dogs And Other Animals", § 102-1, "Definitions", §1 02-2, "Notification Of Violation", And § 102-5, "Complaints" And Deleting § 102-9 "Vicious Animals That Are Not Impounded" And §102-13 "Animal Control Board" To Discontinue The Animal Control Board.
- 12-G-112: Appointments To Boards and Committees
- Council Comments
- Comments from the Audience