It seems there will be something for everyone at , taking place this Saturday. Kids' activities, green living seminars, rock wall climbing and music and dance entertainment are just some of what you can expect. There will also be food vendors and dozens of booths run by organizations from around the area — including one for College Park Patch!
Here's a rundown of the entertainment schedule. Please note that some items might change before Saturday.Time Main Stage
Community Center Gym Community Center Multi-purpose Room 1:00 Welcome by , Air Force ROTC Drill Team, Miss College Park and the College Park Princesses Soul Card/Band 1:30 Making Moves Dance Collective 2:00 Pandora B Box/Band Skating Seminar by UMd. Extension: "Intro to the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program and My Plate" Elementary school poster competition exhibit. 2:30 93 Buick/Band 3:00 New Chicago Dance Group 3:30 Joyful Motion Dance Group 4:00 Chinese Bible Church Martial Arts and Taiko Drums 4:30 Edgewood/Band
Going on all day:
- Athletic Field: Exhibition and Maryland Army National Guard Rock Wall
- Green Living Area: Seminars
- Kids' Area: Games, inflatable fun, Court, etc.
- Public Safety Area: Fire and police department representatives meet-and-greet.
- Where: , 5051 Pierce Ave, College Park
- When: Saturday, Oct. 22, 1-5 p.m.
- Parking: Parking will be available at the event, and parking restrictions will be lifted between 1 and 5 p.m. Saturday. However, organizers encourage attendees to use one of two free shuttle services that day.
- One shuttle leaves from the 94th Aero Squadron Lot, 5240 Paint Branch Pkwy. near the College Park-University of Maryland Metro stop. The second leaves from the Adele H. Stamp Student Union on Campus Drive. Both shuttle services are expected to stop every 15 to 20 minutes between 12:45 and 5:15 p.m., depending on traffic.