It's that time again.
You cringe as your son shakes his head over and over to get the hair out of his eyes. If he doesn't get his hair cut soon, you'll have a mini-Fabio on your hands.
But taking your child to get his or her hair cut is torture, not just for them, but for you, too; remember the embarrassment the last time your son or daughter squirmed in the swivel chair and screamed at the very sight of the scissors?
Or maybe you're lucky, and your kid enjoys the day at the salon. Either way, there's something to be said for a kid-friendly salon or barbershop that makes haircut day something to look forward to for all.
For this week's Readers' Choice, we're asking what places around here are the best for a kid’s haircut. Vote in the poll below, and tell us in the comments why that place is the best. Is it the reasonable price? Is it the friendly staff? Is it the lollipop that your kid gets for behaving (that she will inevitably get stuck in her freshly cut hair)?
Your choices are:
- Apollo XII Unisex Salon in Riverdale
- Beautyworld Plaza in Riverdale
- Campus Hair Designers in College Park
- Eastpine's Barber Shop in Riverdale
- Greenbelt Barber and Stylist in Old Greenbelt
- Hair Clip in Hyattsville
- Hair Cuttery in College Park
- Hair Cuttery in Greenbelt
- Hair Cuttery in Hyattsville
- Hollywood Hair Cutters in College Park
- Kenilworth Barber in Riverdale
- Today's Hair in College Park
- Universal Barbershop and Salon in College Park
- Victoria's Unisex Salon in Riverdale
The poll is open until 9 a.m. Friday. Please vote no more than once per day. If there's a place you've taken your child that you think is just swell, but we didn't include in the poll, let us know in the comments.
Because this poll is not scientific, the votes will not be the sole consideration in choosing the winner. The winner will be determined by Patch editors, and the selection will be based on poll results, ratings and reviews. Please vote only once per survey and per Patch. Other Readers' Choice rules accompany this post in the PDF.