Pumpkin Bread, Fall Squash, and More From the Farmers Market at Maryland
Drop by the front of the Cole Student Activities Building Wednesday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
It's finally October, and the Farmers Market at Maryland has a wide array of fresh, local fall fare on offer.
- Bonaparte Breads: Sale on turkey—$3.50 per lb.
- Country Vittles from Critter Hill Farm: Chicken and other meat products
- Goldilock's Goodies: Gluten-free baked goods, including pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin bread (dairy-free & nut-free, too), pumpkin spiced coffee cake, pumpkin apple streusel, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with sea salt, and double chocolate pecan cookies
- Lydia's Fields at Wheatland: New this week are kale, collards, winter squash, asian greens, and lettuce mix
- Upper Crust Bakery: Freshly baked breads
- McLeaf's Orchard: Kiwi, new apple varieties, watermelon, and fall squashes (blue hubbard, butternut, kabocha, spaghetti, acorn, delicata)
- Picnic Gourmet Spreads: Gourmet sweet and savory cheese spreads
- Valencia's Produce: New this week are sweet potatoes, bok choi, turnips, salad mix, carrots (no more cantaloupe or watermelons)
Dietetic student volunteers from the University Health Center will be on hand to answer nutrition-related questions, and Tom Schraa of UMD Dining Services will offer a cooking demo.
Captain Krunch and the Taste Brigade will provide live music starting at 12:30 p.m.