“So awesome," is how Regina Thompson of Washington described last year's tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. This year, that "so awesome" event will return to the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, chock-full of musical performances and speeches.
Will you be taking pictures at the event? Submit them, along with caption and credit information, to Shannon.Hoffman@Patch for a chance to see them on Patch!
Congresswoman Donna Edwards (D-Md.) will be the keynote speaker, and Mayor Andrew Fellows will once again serve as the master of ceremonies.
The performances, starting at 1:40 p.m. with the pre-show, will include Three Chords & The Truth, Maryland Boy Choir, College Park Youth Choir, SGI-USA New Century Chorus, Metropolitan Washington Baha'i Chorale, Chinese Bible Church and Friends Community School, among others.
The theme for this year's tribute commemorates last year's dedication of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Washington.
Want to know more? Check out the details below, and the photo gallery from last year.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 21st Annual City of College Park Tribute, A Legacy of Peace, Hope and Joy
- When: 2-4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14
- Where: Kay Theater, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland, University Boulevard and Stadium Drive
- Parking: Free in Lot 1; $3 per hour with $5 daily maximum in the garage
- Check out the Tribute Facebook Page!
- Questions? Contact the College Park Committee for Martin Luther King Jr. Day at 301-580-5514 and 301-345-3518.