Free-Range Eggs and More From the Farmers Market at Maryland
Drop by the front of the Cole Student Activities Building today between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
School is back in session, and this week's Farmers Market at Maryland is buzzing with activity.
This week's lineup also features:
- Capitol Kettle Corn: Kettle corn made from locally-grown corn
- Bonaparte Breads: Bread and French pastries
- Country Vittles from Critter Hill Farm: Beef, goat, pork, rabbit, and turkey meat (sale on big turkey wings: $4.25 per pound)
- Goldilock's Goodies: Gluten-free baked foods, including zucchini bread, peach cake, and chocolate whoopie pies
- Lydia's Fields at Wheatland: New fare includes cucumbers and kale in addition to a wide variety of tomatoes
- Upper Crust Bakery: Freshly baked breads
- McLeaf's Orchard: New fare includes cider, gala apples, sweet potatoes, kiwi berries, and grapes
- Picnic Gourmet Spreads: Gourmet sweet and savory cheese spreads
- Valencia's Produce: New fare includes sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and black-eyed peas; continuing with peppers and winter squash (acorn, butternut, and spaghetti)
Dietetic student volunteers form the University Health Center will be on hand today to answer nutrion-related questions, and Green Dining will have information on eating sustainably on campus. Pop harpist Kristin Rebecca will perform live with acoustic celtic music.
The market is also hosting a school supply donation drive this week and next week (Sept. 12) for local high school students. Needed are paper, binders, pens, pencils, notebooks, and non-rolling backpacks.